- Mattens the surface: less risk of going through the painted surface
- Respects the shape and structure of the clear coat
- Best results when used wet with degreaser (DGR)
- Final step in sanding and matting
- Prepares the surface for blending out colour or fading out clear coat
- Prepares the surface for polishing
In order to improve sanding quality and the sanding performance, the following modifications were made to our foam discs:
- The grain material changed from aluminium oxide to silicon carbide. Silicon carbide is a sharper and harder grain compared to aluminium oxide, it is brittle and has a more narrow shape resulting in faster sanding times, and a more even surface. This will translate into a more easily polished surface with a deeper gloss. For finishing, nothing is better than silicone carbide.
- The foam material has been made more dense, resulting in a more even distribution of the pressure and less risk of sanding through.
- The Velcro material is thinner and therefore the power transmission is more direct, resulting in a smoother sanding pattern and evenly matted surface.
THESE CHANGES RESULT IN FASTER SANDING TIMES, A LONGER LIFE SPAN AND BETTER SURFACE PREPARATION FOR BOTH PAINTING AND POLISHING APPLICATIONS.